Sunday 23 January 2011

Exercise: Focal length and angle of view - Location idea

I have been thinking all day about locations where I can carry out Exercise 1, Focal Length and Angle of View. I resorted to driving around in my car scouting for locations, with no luck. This evening I realised that Flickr could provide me with some inspiration and so I browsed the wide angle Canon 10-22mm lens group for some time.

Taking in to consideration the very flat light produced by the dull grey clouds that are covering the skies in my area these days I have decided that a graveyard would be an excellent location for this exercise. I am also considering processing my images as black and white as I believe this would work well in a graveyard with flat lighting.

I will head out to my nearest graveyard tomorrow, family commitments permitting, being careful to avoid church service times as it will be Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment